The choice of SuccessFactors to improve SBM Offshore’s HR processes and efficiency
Energy, Resources & Industrials
Harmonization of processes and tools, Gain productivity, Improve efficiency, reliability and quality of HR services, and legal compliance in all countries.
- Employee Central
- Performance & Goals
- Succession & Development
- Travel and Expense
Human Resources department wants to become a true business partner, involved in this listed global company's strategic decisions.
Context and goals:
SBM Offshore is a Dutch global group, listed on Euronext Amsterdam, that creates and markets systems and services for the offshore oil and gas industry since the early 1950’s. SBM is a pioneer in Single Point Mooring Systems (SPM), being the first to offer an integrated oil and gas production service through investment in a Floating Production Storage and Offloading Unit (FPSO). Today, SBM Offshore owns and operates the world’s largest FPSO fleet.
Group employs more than 5,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,000 subcontractors and co-contractors. The Group operates from its global headquarters in the Netherlands, with operations centers in Monaco, Kuala Lumpur, Houston and Brazil.
The SAP SuccessFactors and SAP Concur implementation projects are designed to achieve global consistency in HR processes and tools across a highly heterogeneous HRIS landscape.
Objectives of HR digitization:
- Harmonize HR processes and tools, standardize data at a global level.
- Adopt a single and global way of working.
- Stop manual processes that are too time-consuming and error-prone.
- Improve the reliability and accessibility of HR data.
- Set a unified system across all countries, providing reliable data for the entire group.
- Manage the reliability of data and the efficiency of business teams through the Self Service.
- Ensure that business changes are correctly applied throughout the system.
- Ensure legal compliance at all worldwide SBM Offshore establishments.
- Rationalize, harmonize and set Travel and Expense policy.
- Standardization of HR processes in all countries.
- Acceleration of processes and approval flows through position management.
- Simplification of HR solutions and reduction of ownership cost.
- Modernization of Talent and Performance Management processes.
- Gain transparency for employees and managers.
- Improved employee data quality and integration with third-party systems.
- Standardization and globalization of reports.
- Live access to the organizational structure for each employee.
- Improved Employee Experience and HR service quality.
Engineering and Construction
Food & Beverage